Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why you need to hire a PROFESSIONAL Wedding Coordinator, Part 3

3. Our Job is to be with YOU!

There were days when I would have a wedding when I worked at the hotel and I honestly wish science had a way to clone me in about 5 minutes so I could be in all the places I needed to be at the same time. Hotel Coordinators really do run around a LOT! Their main job is to make sure that the function is pulled off without a hitch. It is really hard to be at one end of the hotel in the kitchen to make sure that the plate up of your entrĂ©e is being done according to your specifications, then in the banquet staging area to make sure that the timing of service is perfect and courses will be served in the correct order…oh, and making sure I can spare 5 minutes to get you announced in to your wedding reception. A Professional Wedding Coordinator is there for you alone that day, a personal assistant of sorts. You need something, we do it. I can tell you I have gotten some outrageous requests, but if it is legal, I will try anything in my power to get it accomplished. It’s my job. You should not be the last person or thing to have assistance on your wedding day.

2. All the Extras

Who are you going to turn to when you need to keep track of your RSVP’s, give your final head count to your venue, keep you on point with final payments and your timeline, bustle your train or even help you in that dress, hold your bouquet or your ring, make sure you keep your vendor appointments, design a tablescape with you, most importantly, be your part time therapist when you are ready to strangle your bridesmaids or scream at your mother? Don’t call your Hotel Coordinator.

1. We LOVE what we do!

Listen, you are only supposed to get married once. A ton of women dream of this day from the time they are little. I can tell you the name of my dress and exactly what my ceremony and reception will look like and I am not getting married any time soon. Your wedding is IMPORTANT! Not only is it your dream, it is a reflection of your love, the beginning of your life together, a gathering of your closest family and friends, one hell of a party and one of the most expensive things you will do in your life (next to children and buying a house.) Why would you leave it in the hands of someone who is not educated, not connected to people who can help you and most importantly someone who doesn’t LOVE what they do? Professional Wedding Coordinators love what they do. There is no way you can do this job and not. It is fast paced and high stress but we make people’s dream come true. When you open the door for a bride so she can see her reception room for the first time, it makes it all worth it. We are in the business of happy. Don’t risk that day just to save a few bucks. It’s not worth it in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment